Engaging Youth for Life
June 5-July 31, 2023
Throughout the months of June and July, Anglicans For Life, in partnership with Abundant Life, will engage youth for life through a variety of activities. Over the course of two months, Anglicans For Life's Youth and Outreach Coordinator, Sammie Gallo, will focus on uprooting lies and planting truths in the hearts of young people through engaging videos, resources, and graphics. Anglicans For Life believes it is important to engage people (both students and adults) in educational opportunities that equip them to speak the truth about the Sanctity of Life in a culture that uses misinformation to mislead people about abortion.
Further Reading Links
Week 1 Link
Week 2 Links
- The Abortion Pill
- Democrats Introduce Bill that Kills More Babies After Judge Blocks Abortion Pill Nationwide.
- This is Chemical Abortion
- Myth than Abortion is Safer than Childbirth
- Addressing Many of the Myths the Media is Repeating about the FDA's Approval and Management of Mifeprex (Mifepristone)
- Students For Life Asks Whether the Push for Chemical Abortion is Harming the Environment.
- Woman Regrets Taking Abortion Pill Suffers Trauma Everyday from Seeing Her Aborted Baby's body
- NYT Claims Abortion Drugs ‘Safe’ Despite 1 in 10 Women Experiencing Complications
Week 3 Links
- Aborting America
- Archive of a Documented Abortion Patient Death
- Abortion is Not Safer Than Childbirth
- Legalizing Abortion Does Not Reduce Maternal Mortality
- Life Before Birth Flyer
Week 4 Links
Week 5 Links
Week 6 Links
- Trends in Suicide Death Risk in Transgender People
- Updated: Brown Statements on Gender Dysphoria Study
Week 7 Links
- The Truth About Abortion, Childbirth, and Maternal Mortality
- Roe v. Wade Lifesaving Pregnancy care with Dr. Christina Francis
Week 8 Links
- Plan B
- Safe Sex
- Hormonal Contraception
- US Statistics on STD’s and STI’s
- World Health Organization Data
- Dating Data
Get to Know the Hosts
Sammie Gallo BSN, RN
Sammie graduated from Robert Morris University in 2017 with a background in biology and psychology and started working with Anglicans for Life (AFL) in 2017. In addition to her work with AFL, she spent 3 years going into public schools with the Women’s Choice Network, speaking to high schoolers about healthy relationships and sex education. She has a passion for making sure every teenager, parent, and youth leader is equipped, engaged, and encouraged to have Gospel-centered conversations regarding relationships, sexuality, and life issues.
Sammie married her best friend, Juan Gallo, in May 2019. During her free time, she and her husband invest in teenagers and young adults in their community, disciple their daughter, Ofie, and Sammie recently began a new career path as a nurse in emergency medicine.
Canon Georgette Forney
Second Annual Christmas Card Design Contest
Your Artwork could be featured on the Anglicans For Life 2023 Christmas Card!
1. Artist must be a student.
2. Design should be inspired by this year’s card scripture Luke 2:1-20.
3. Artist much sign a release for us to print and use their artwork.
4. Artist must be Anglican.
1. Artwork featured as our Christmas card design for the 2023 Advent season
2. A $100 gift card
3. Promotion in our newsletter, “Carpe Diem,” and on social media
4. One (1) free pack of cards
*Should your artwork be selected, you will need to sign a release for us to print your artwork and use it.
Submission deadline: Monday, July 31, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST. If you have any issues with submitting your artwork, please email email@example.com.
Help Us Promote These Activities
Sample Promo Text for the Christmas Card Contest
Calling all student artists! Submit your original artwork to Anglicans For Life's Second Annual Christmas Card Design Contest. For complete contest details and rules, or to submit your artwork, visit AnglicansForLife.org/ChristmasCardContest.
Sample Promo Text for Uprooting Lies and Planting the Truth
Anglicans For Life invites students, youth leaders, and parents to join us June 5 thru July 31 for an educational opportunity that equips students to speak the truth about the Sanctity of Life in a culture that uses misinformation to mislead people about life topics such as abortion, legislation, motherhood, relationships, and contraception. Learn more at YouWereMadeForMore.org/UprootingLies.